[R] nested variables in a generalised linear model

jamessc james.faulconbridge at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:48:33 CEST 2010

can anybody suggest a means of incorporating nested terms into a generalisd
linear model? I have been using the standard .glm function.

I am looking at how the response variable is affected by land use across a
number of years and the cropping pattern is different each year. Other
static variables such as field size etc. remain the same so I would like to
nest cropping pattern within year. It would not be appropriate to treat each
years data as an independent observation.