[R] Clustering

dpender d.pender at civil.gla.ac.uk
Fri Oct 29 11:14:22 CEST 2010

That's helpful but the reason I'm using clusters in evd is that I need to
specify a time condition to ensure independence.

I therefore have an output in the form Cluster[[i]][j-k]  where i is the
cluster number and j-k is the range of values above the threshold taking
account of the time condition.

>From this I can get durations easily enough but the spacing is proving quite
difficult.

The data is for ocean waves and therefore it may be possible that the wave
height drops below the threshold for a short period but should still be
considered part of the same event, hence the time conditon.

Hope this clarifies the problem.

Doug