[R] ksvm problem

Neeti nikkihathi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:39:09 CEST 2010

Hi to all!!!!!

When I use the example from kernlab::ksvm this works fine.. Give me the
result…

> filter <-
> ksvm(type~.,data=spamtrain,kernel="rbfdot",kpar=list(sigma=0.05),C=5,cross=3)

But as soon as I change the type data as follows

> type_train<-spamtrain[,ncol(spamtrain)]
> filter <-
> ksvm(type_train,data=spamtrain,kernel="rbfdot",kpar=list(sigma=0.05),C=5,cross=3)
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion /
options(expressions=)?

This gives me error. I don’t know why?
I have also tried changing the expression values but it still doesn’t work…

> .Options$expressions
[1] 5000
> options(expressions=10000)
> .Options$expressions
[1] 10000
> filter <-
> ksvm(type_train,data=spamtrain,kernel="rbfdot",kpar=list(sigma=0.05),C=5,cross=3)
Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion /
options(expressions=)?

Why am I getting this error? And how to resolve it?

thank you ..