[R] Please help me about Monte Carlo Permutation

Chitra cbbaniya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:40:57 CEST 2010

Hi dear Mi³ego dnia,
I am sorry I got lost here.
May be it it sound if I write you about what I am going to do.

"To test such null hypotheses we used the Monte Carlo test, i.e. we chose
randomly (5000 times) a value for the
current dependent characteristic (richness or actual species pool) in the
interval 0 to the maximum possible
value of the dependent variable for each observed value of the current
independent variable. The maximum observed
value was either the calculated size of the regional pool, or the measured
size of the actual pool. Each time,
we calculated the correlation coefficient r between the independent and
dependent variables in order to achieve
the empirical distribution of r for the null hypothesis conditions. The
empirical probability of cases with a correlation
between the two studied variables positive and stronger than that observed
in the real data, served as an estimate
of the significance level for rejecting the null hypotheses. Thus, by saying
that there exists a significant
relationship, we mean that the relationship is significantly stronger than
expected from our null model".

I hope I can get all necessary R code for analyses.
Chitra