[R] Cox Proportional Models and Haplotypes

Brad McNeney mcneney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:51:22 CEST 2010

You could do a weighted cox ph model, with possible haplotype
configurations for each subject weighted by their posterior
probabilities given genotype data.

Are your markers SNPs?  If so you can use a utility function from the
hapassoc package to get started. For example, if your data is in a
dataframe dat, with nsnp SNPs in the last nsnps columns, you could
create an augmented data frame (augmented by pseudo-individuals for
each subject with ambiguous phase) with

library(hapassoc)
ph<-pre.hapassoc(dat,nsnps)
augdat<-cbind(ph$nonHaploDM,ph$haploDM)
wts<-ph$wt

and then use coxph with augdat as the data frme and  wts as the
weights. See ?pre.hapassoc for details on accepted formats for the SNP
data.

Brad
--
Brad McNeney