[R] Repeated Measures MANOVA

Christopher Kurby kurbyc at gvsu.edu
Fri Oct 29 18:24:13 CEST 2010

Hello all,

Is there an r function that exists that will perform repeated measures MANOVAs? For example, let's say I have 3 DVs, one between-subjects IV, and one within-subjects IV. Based on the documentation for the manova command, a function like that below is not appropriate because it cannot take Error arguments.

manova(cbind(DV1,DV2,DV3) ~ BetweenSubjectsIV * WithinSubjectsIV + Error(SubjNum/WithinSubjectsIV), data=dat)

Do you know of any functions that would allow me to perform such an analysis? I realize that I could turn the DVs into levels of a new IV, and then perform a standard repeated measures ANOVA. But, I do not feel that would be appropriate in this case.

Thanks so much for your time,
Chris