[R] Using packages built in linux in windows

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Sep 1 18:05:10 CEST 2010

Normally, a binary package built on one platform will not work on another. While it is possible to cross-compile, in most cases it is best to assemble the necessary development environment oNoten the target platform (including the appropriate libraries compiled for that platform) and build the package there.

Note that Cygwin libraries are not recommended for use in R packages on Windows. See the notes on compiling for Windows linked at CRAN.

"rajesh j" <akshay.rajesh at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I built a package in linux and would like to use it in windows. I cant build
>the package again in windows because it would miss the necessary libraries
>etc(I'm using Rcpp). So I need to generate a binary version and try to
>install it in windows. I tried this and I get the error
>
>/cygdrive/RTools/bin/cp: target 'xf->>' is not a directory
>
>Can someone help me with this?
>

>--
>Rajesh.J
>
>	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]