[R] how to cluster vectors of factors

tueken hannat_tueken at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:05:21 CEST 2010

Hello all

I wonder what can i use to cluster vectors which composed of several
factors.
lets say around 30 different factors compose a vector, and if the factor is
present then it encoded as 1, if not presented then it will be encoded as 0.
I was thinking of using hierarchical clustering, as i know the distance
between two vector were calculated through euclidean distance function, but
i dont think this distance would be correct to separate the data, cause two
vector with different composition, could end up having similar distance to
another vector.
hope someone could give me some clue!