[R] Simultaneous equations

benhartley903 benhartley903 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 21:25:33 CEST 2010

Dear all,
I am relatively new to R and have had some difficulty in understanding the
user manual for a package that I have downloaded to evaluate non-linear
simultaneous equations.
The package is called systemfit.
Does anyone have any experience of this package?
What I am trying to do is solve a non linear simultaneous equations...

Could anyone give me an example (please) of the code that would be needed to
return solutions for the following system using systemfit (or any other
better package):

y=1/x
y=sin(x)

within a range of say x=-10 to 10 (x in radians)

Thanks, I really appreciate your help in advance.

Ben