[R] how can I plot bar plots with all the bars (negative andpositive) in the same direction????

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Sat Sep 4 01:08:10 CEST 2010

It occurred to me after my initial post that you will need a little more
"fixing" of your axis labels if you have data that is not trivial integers
as in your example.  Consider the following solution for some irrational
random numbers:
    dat=rnorm(20)
    dat1=dat-min(dat)
    barplot(dat1,axes=FALSE)
    axis(2, round(seq(from=min(dat1),to=max(dat1),length.out=10), digits=1),
round(seq(from=min(dat),to=max(dat),length.out=10), digits=1))

Rob Baer