[R] Query regarding Windows based statistical software development using R as programming language

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Sun Sep 5 00:59:07 CEST 2010

I am not sure how best to answer your question since the phrases "user-friendly" and "like SPSS" do not belong in the same sentence in my mind (unless separated by a word along the lines of "unlike").  And "Windows Based Programming Language" feels a bit like an oxymoron.

But since the R Commander package exists (there are other tools as well, JGR, R-PLUS, others) and provides a menu/dialog interface to R, and since the Rexcel project integrates this into MS Excel so that the user can use the power of R without ever leaving Excel and realizing that they are using a superior tool, I expect the answer is "Yes".

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org