[R] Need Help .RData in Mac OS X, Please

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Sep 5 22:13:17 CEST 2010

On Sep 5, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Chunhao wrote:

> Hi R Users,
> I was accidentally save R file when I quit R program. I try to
> delete but I
> am not sure the R saved file was successfuly delete or not. Now
> everyt time
> when I open the R, it always appears
>
> [R.app GUI 1.34 (5589) i386-apple-darwin9.8.0]
>
> [Workspace restored from /Users/ctu/.RData]
>
> I have read google, R help and Nabble but I still can't solve this
> problem.

Search on either the R_SIG-MAC list or in Google for "show dotted
files". Apply that method to your working directory, delete the
invisible .RData file, and then decide whether you want to revert to
the default Finder behavior.

One citation:
http://artofgeek.com/2009/09/16/toggle-display-of-hidden-files-in-finder-with-keyboard-shortcut/

I have globally changed my system to show dotted files, but not
everyone feels safe doing so.

At the terminal window I have entered:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

  ..... and then <pt>-click-hold> on Dock-Finder-icon, choose relaunch

Or you could open a Terminal window which will by default open in /
Users/ctu/ and type:

  rm .RData

--

David Winsemius, MD