[R] How to get "mypkg-manual.pdf"

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:54:35 CEST 2010

On 06/09/2010 9:19 AM, Juliet Ndukum wrote:
> I am building a package say mypkg. Five months ago, when I built the package I
> got the mypkg manual in pdf format.
>
> Today, after making updates, I build the same package, same name, and steps;
> unfortunately I do not get the manual in pdf format.
> Rather I get the following message:
> cd: can't cd to /cygdrive/c/Documents saving output to 'mypkg-manual.pdf'
> ...Done
>
> Could any one help me on how to get the "mypkg-manual.pdf".

It looks as though you are trying to put it into a file path with spaces
in it, and the version of R you're using doesn't like the spaces.  Try
saving it somewhere else.

I believe the current release doesn't care about spaces, but I'm not
sure of that.  Building a pdf depends on external tools that are
sometimes out of our control.

Duncan Murdoch