[R] repeated measurements ANOVA

Walther, Alexander awalthermail at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:19:27 CEST 2010

Dear list,

i am setting up a GLM for a repeated measurement ANOVA using the lm and
ANOVA function. my design contains four factors with 5, 5, 2 and 2 (=
14) levels, respectively. the data are stored in a data.frame with six
columns, one for the data themselves and the remainings for the factors
where strings indicate the factor levels in each row. now i would like
to restructure this data.frame using cbind which yields a 100 x 14
array. so far i only included two subjects in the analysis and the 100
rows emerge because each subject contributes 50 values. for the ANOVA
however, it seems to me that i should create a multi-dimensional array
where each dimension accounts for one specific factor and its levels. is
it possible to do this in R? if so, does the lm or ANOVA function
necessitates this type of array or is there yet another way to continue?

Best

Alex