[R] Multivariate Regression Trees: how to identify sample units?

afsouza at unisinos.br afsouza at unisinos.br
Wed Sep 8 00:23:56 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

     I am sudying the mvpart package, that implements Multivariate
Regression Trees, aiming at applying it to a biogeographical dataset of
tree speces in southern South America.

   My doubt is how to access plot identities after the tree is produced.
For us it is rather important, but I could not find them with neither
'summary(fit)'[where fit is the object containing the mvpart(...)
command] nor just 'fit'. This piece of information is likely to be
somewhere in the package documentation (Package 'mvpart' or ?mvpart),
but I did not succeed in finding it.

   Do anyone knows how to solve this?

   Thank you in advance and all the best,

   Alexandre

Dr. Alexandre F. Souza
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Biologia: Diversidade e Manejo da Vida
Silvestre
Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS)
Av. UNISINOS 950 - C.P. 275, São Leopoldo 93022-000, RS  - Brasil
Telefone: (051)3590-8477 ramal 1263
Skype: alexfadigas
afsouza at unisinos.br
http://www.unisinos.br/laboratorios/lecopop

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.