[R] problems with siar package

Julio Lucio Lancelotti julio at cenpat.edu.ar
Wed Sep 8 00:36:02 CEST 2010

Hi, my name is Julio, I'm trying to run a script, specifically with the siar
package on R (I have attached the script) but the program collapses on
during the run. The error message says:

 *** caught segfault ***

address 0xb31941cc, cause 'memory not mapped'

 Traceback:

1: .C("siarmcmcv4", as.integer(numdata), as.integer(numsources),
as.integer(numiso), as.integer(numgroups), as.integer(startgroup),
as.integer(endgroup), as.integer(siardata$iterations),
as.integer(siardata$burnin), as.integer(siardata$howmany),
as.integer(siardata$thinby), as.double(prior), as.data.frame(data2),
as.data.frame(concdepdata), as.data.frame(sourcedata),
as.data.frame(correctionsdata), as.data.frame(parameters))

2: siarmcmcdirichletv4(target, source, fraction, iterations = 5e+05, burnin
= 1e+05, howmany = 2000, thinby = 10)

 Possible actions:

1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)

2: normal R exit

3: exit R without saving workspace

4: exit R saving workspace

Selection:

0xa6737790 'memory not mapped'

I'm using the library “siar”,

specifically the function: siarmcmcdirichletv4

However if I choose option 1 all results are saved, even those generated
during the failure

 Additional information:

R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)

OS: 10.04 LTS, i686 GNU/Linux