[R] confidence intervals around p-values

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:17:12 CEST 2010

Fernando Marmolejo Ramos <fernando.marmolejoramos <at> adelaide.edu.au> writes:

> Dear all
>
> I wonder if anyone has heard of confidence intervals around p-values...
>
> Any pointer would be highly appreciated.

  No, and my reflex is that it seems like a bad idea.
  If you are using p-values as an index of effect size (e.g. translating
a t- or Z-score into a p-value), why not calculate the confidence interval
on the effect size?
  This is off-topic for the group (not an R question), but if you
gave a sense of the problem you were trying to solve you might get
some answers.

  Ben Bolker