[R] gee p values

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Fri Sep 10 14:18:08 CEST 2010

Peng,
If the answer were as simple as you suggest, I would expect that gee would automatically produce the p values. Since gee does not produce the values, I fear that the computation may be more complex, or perhaps computing p values from gee may be controversial. Do you know which, if either of my speculations is true?
Thank you,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119
(Fax) 410-605-7913 (Please call phone number above prior to faxing)>>> "Peng, C" <cpeng.usm at gmail.com> 9/10/2010 8:06 AM >>>

There are two z-scores reported in the summary: Naive z and Robust z.

pvalue=2*min(pnorm(z-score), 1-pnorm(z-score))   # two-sided test