[R] boxplot knowing Q1, Q3, median, upper and lower whisker value

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Sep 10 20:00:06 CEST 2010

is.nan(bd.coerce(as.bdVector(c(1.0, N> -----Original Message-----

I believe boxplot(x,y,z) computes the required statistics
and passes them to the bxp() function for plotting.  If
you have the statistics you can pass them to bxp() yourself.
You might call trace(bxp) followed by a call to boxplot()
to see how boxplot uses bxp.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com