[R] for loop help please!

alfredo alfredotello at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 21:58:52 CEST 2010

Thanks A LOT guys for your posts and replying despite the fact that it might
have been a bit hard to get my point (I apologise for the latter).

Josh's and Jim's examples worked perfectly. A loop was certainly not the
most elegant solution.

What I want to do (for those who asked) is re-generate a dataset from its
observed frequency distribution. The dataset is a global collection of
minimum inhibitory concentrations of different kinds of antibiotics to
different bacterial species. This will then allow me to handle/analyse the
data in different ways to fulfil my research objective (hopefully!!!!!).

Josh was right in that my reasoning of outputting it all in a new matrix was
incorrect as, effectively, rows in my dataset will have wildly differing
lengths.

Well, that's it for now. Have a nice weekend!!!!