[R] How to comment out entire code parts in Sweave files

Werner W. pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 11 10:42:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any convenient way to comment out an entire region of
a Sweave file which comprises R and Latex code. Currently I'm doing it for the R
and Latex parts separately or transfer the unwanted part into a different file.
But both are not great solutions. (I am doing this when updating old files and
debugging)

Is there a way to do this with an equivalent of \iffalse \fi or is there some
"stop" command after which Sweave just stops processing?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.
  Werner