[R] Argument lib is missing

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Sep 11 14:02:57 CEST 2010

On Sep 11, 2010, at 6:29 AM, khush ........ wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have installed R using yum install R-2.9.  I am able to use R for
> general
> functions but when I installed some library say gplots I am getting
> the
> below error.
>
>> install.packages("gplots")
> Warning in install.packages("gplots") :
>  argument 'lib' is missing: using
> '/home/fedora/R/i386-redhat-linux-gnu-library/2.11'

That warning should not cause much problem.

> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://cran.csdb.cn/src/contrib

 From time to time it happens that repositories are unavailable. I
just checked and at the moment that repository is available. You could
try again. (Or you could have tried another repository at that time.
Trying another repository might make sense even now, since the version
of gplots at that repository is fairly outdated. The current version
is 2.8.0 and the one at csdb.cn is 2.7.1 from May 2009. There have
been several revisions since that date.)

> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>  package ‘gplots’ is not available
>
> any suggestion will be appreciable.
>
> Thank you
> Khush