[R] ggplot bar geom: control the filling in the colour legend

Benoit Boulinguiez benoit.boulinguiez at ensc-rennes.fr
Mon Sep 13 10:03:53 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm still seeking for tweaking the appearance of the "color" legend in a
bar goemetry with ggplot2.
I can't seem to control the filling of the colour legend squares
take this,
ggplot(diamonds, aes(clarity, fill=color,colour = cut)) +
geom_bar(position = "dodge")
and I'd need a white filling in the colour legend, instead of the black one.

Does anyone know how to rule that?

All the best