[R] SF-8 (not 36) questionnaire scoring for R?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 15:59:41 CEST 2010

If it's not possible to use their particular algorithms, does anyone
think it would be helpful/practical to try to write a general scoring
system?  I imagine a function with arguments for column names, a list
where each element is a vector that indicates the numbers that
correspond to various subscales, an argument that could handle any
reverse scoring, etc.

I am willing to have a go at this if people think it would be
worthwhile (read: if someone wiser than me thinks it is not a waste of
time).

Josh

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Frank Harrell wrote:
>

>> I know someone who has R code for SF-36 and perhaps SF-12.  Aren't there
>> copyright issues relating to SF-* even if it is reprogrammed?
>> Frank
>

> Yep...
>
>  http://www.qualitymetric.com/RequestInformation/SurveyInformationRequestDemo/tabid/263/Default.aspx
>
> HTH,