[R] Problems with reshape2 on Mac

Paul Metzner paul.metzner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:42:47 CEST 2010

Hi!

I updated to reshape2 yesterday and tried to make it work. Unfortunately, it mainly throws error messages at me (good thing it's reshape2 1.0 and not reshape 2.0). The most recent is:

Error in match.fun(FUN) : object 'id' not found

When I manually create an object 'id', it says:

Error in get(as.character(FUN), mode = "function", envir = envir) :
  object 'id' of mode 'function' was not found

I assume that dcast is looking for a function by the name 'id' which is not present. I tried both Rdaemon within TextMate and R in the Terminal. I also tried both my own code and the airquality example. reshape is still working flawlessly. I also needed to load plyr manually to make another error message go away, that asked for 'as.quoted'.

Best,
Paul

---
Paul Metzner

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Philosophische Fakultät II
Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik

Post: Unter den Linden 6 | 10099 Berlin | Deutschland
Besuch: Dorotheenstraße 24 | 10117 Berlin | Deutschland

+49-(0)30-2093-9726
paul.metzner at rz.hu-berlin.de
http://amor.rz.hu-berlin.de/~metznerp/