[R] rnorm using vector of means and SDs

J.K. Bruxer bruxerjk at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 14 21:14:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to sample from a distribution (say a normal distribution, for example) using vectors of the different parameters (i.e. the mean and standard deviation).  That is, I have a list/vector of say 100 means and another of the corresponding 100 SD's, and I want a matrix of 100 rows (one for each mean and SD pair) each having 1000 random samples.

Something like:

sample_matrix = rnorm(n=1000, mean=vector_of_100_means, sd=vector_of_100_corresponding_SDs)

Is this possible? Thanks for any help in advance.