[R] multiple cores/building fails

Gregory Ryslik rsaber at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 21:50:51 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have written debugged and tested my code and it works (yay!). I recently tried to parallelize it (1 core/per tree) and when I run the code I get an error saying the object "control" was not found. I do have an object control in my code but it always works fine as long as I am not running it on multiple cores (which I am doing via the help of sleigh and the 'nws' package).

Think that this could be an error in my "source" statements, I tried to build my package (with the hope of replace source with library()) and I get the following (where XXX is my package name that I've removed for privacy reasons):

* creating vignettes ... ERROR

Error: processing vignette 'XXXX.Rnw' failed with diagnostics:
 chunk 4
Error : object "control" not found

Again it gives me that this "control" object is not found.

Does anyone have an idea how I can isolate what's going on. It's slightly tough to do because it all works fine in the single processor case!

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Greg