[R] kernlab ipop solver value dual

Ron Burns rrburns at cox.net
Wed Sep 15 00:55:46 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me for what the kernlab ipop return value dual is? How
does it relate to the solution for a Support Vector Machine solution?

I am trying to use the ipop solver in my (toy) example of a Support
Vector Machine and I am noting that the bias (essentially the offset for
the classification boundaries) that I calculate is the negative of this
dual (within round off errors.) I am wondering is this true in general
or perhaps just so for the simple examples that I considered so far. I
can provide a detailed example of what I doing, but I am hoping that a
SVM  expert will be able to respond to this.

Thanks for your consideration
	Ron

--
R. R. Burns