[R] Creating publication-quality plots for use in Microsoft Word

dadrivr dadrivr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 17:25:43 CEST 2010

Thanks for your help, guys.  I'm looking to produce a high-quality plot (no
jagged lines or other distortions) with a filetype that is accepted by
Microsoft Word on a PC and that most journals will accept.  That's why I'd
prefer to stick with JPEG, TIFF, PNG, or the like.  I'm not sure EPS would
fly.

I tried inserting the PDF directly into Word, but I am on a PC and there is
a loss of quality in the transfer.  I'm not sure I know how to use the
approach that Marc suggested in reference to saving a new PDF for use in
Word.

I also tried Gabor's suggestion to save in Microsoft's metafile format
(savePlot with type = wmf and emf), but the images contain lines that are as
jagged as those created from the regular R plot output.

Is there a way to enable anti-aliasing on all regular R plot output to clean
up the jaggies and then save it in another format?  Or should I try
something else?  Thanks again!