[R] symmetric dotplot? (Wilkinson 1999, Am Stat 53 (3) 276-281

Paul Artes paul_h_artes at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 17:32:15 CEST 2010

DeaR all,

The stripchart function (graphics) is provides jittered and stacked
univariate scatterplots, but I wonder if anyone has implemented a
*symmetric* version of this - as in the lower panel of Wilkinson's paper:

http://www.jstor.org/stable/2686111

I have looked through several functions in contributed packages that do
similar things, but not found one that can do this. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Paul