[R] R Founding

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 16 16:06:48 CEST 2010

I cannot speak for the R Foundation, but you know, getting a US check
into money is roughly 20$ fees (at least in Germany, don't know the
typical Austrian conditions).

I know from organizing a conference in Germany that the only really good
way was and is ordinary money transfer via BIC and IBAN numbers.
Unfortunately, this system is pretty unknown in the US. Europeans can
easily use money transfer to the R foundation.

Credit card bookings are already rather expensive and even more
expensive if you go for online processing rather than manual Fax
processing (I do not know why the credit card companies prefer Fax),
checks less than several hundred euros do not make sense at all.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges