[R] Weibull simulation- number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 16 23:03:43 CEST 2010

Perhaps the following will be instructive:

> mymat = matrix(1:6,3,2)
> p = 1
> mymat[p]
[1] 1
> mymat[p,]
[1] 1 4

When you index a matrix by a single subscript, it returns a
single element, corresponding to the columnwise vector representation
of the matrix.  I'm guessing you want to put the estimates into
the pth row (mymat[p,]) or pth column (mypat[,p]) of the matrix.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics
 					 UC Berkeley