[R] Problems creating a Panel

Millo Giovanni Giovanni_Millo at Generali.com
Fri Sep 17 16:36:47 CEST 2010

Dear Felipe,

maybe the data (which I can't see through the digest) do not have
variability, maybe something else.
Try sending me the data.frame, I'll see what happens.
Giovanni

------------------------------

Message: 72
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:49:19 -0500
From: Luis Felipe Parra <felipe.parra at quantil.com.co>
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R] Problems creating a Panel

Hello, I am trying to create a panel with the attached data frame. using
the
following code:

> PanelRio =  DataRiopaila[which(duplicated(DataRiopaila$SEC_STE)==T),]
> PanelRio=plm.data(PanelRio,index=c("SEC_STE","FechaSiembra"))
series
Pluv3Meses,PluvMes4al10,Pluv2UltimosMeses,Rad3Meses,RadMes4al10,Rad2Ulti
mosMeses
are NA and have been removed

It tells me it removes couple of series because they are NA, and I don't
understand why because if I do:

> PanelRio =  DataRiopaila[which(duplicated(DataRiopaila$SEC_STE)==T),]
> length(which(is.na(PanelRio[,"Pluv3Meses"])==T))
[1] 474
> nrow(PanelRio)
[1] 4129

which means there are still around 3500 entries which aren't NA. Does
anybody what can be going on?

Thank you

Felipe Parra

Giovanni Millo
Research Dept.,
Assicurazioni Generali SpA
Via Machiavelli 4,
34132 Trieste (Italy)
tel. +39 040 671184
fax  +39 040 671160

Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazi...{{dropped:13}}