[R] R Console - pasting into

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 01:36:40 CEST 2010

Hi Troy,

If you are using the R GUI for Windows, I highly recommend just
copying and pasting everything into the accompanying script editor,
and then you can run the commands you want directly from there.

The Windows clipboard can be finicky sometimes, so I would not be too
hasty to think the problem rests with the R console.  You can also try
pasting using the mouse (this is actually what you have to do with the
Windows command prompt...), or using Shift+Insert as an alternate to
Ctrl + v.

Best of luck,

Josh

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Troy Lynch <tpl001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> For some reason, I have trouble pasting commands into the R Console (XP Pro and R v 2.11.1). This occurs mainly when copying from a PDF document and then pasting into the R Console. It will work for a while and then stop. It is difficult to identify what the sequence is prior to it not allowing further commands to be pasted into the R Console.
>
> Yes, the commands can be copied from the PDF into Notepad. However, after I have posted into the R Console for some time, it will not allow me to continue to do this, but I can type commands in (which can be frustrating when wanting to copy from another source). When it hangs, as described, I can still copy from the PDF into Notepad, but not from Notepad into the R Console, though I am still able to type commands in R Console. This means that it is not only a PDF but Notepad, which implies that the problem rests with the R Console.
>
> Any ideas would be welcomed.

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles