[R] Create Dot Chart

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Sep 19 21:19:54 CEST 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 1:49 PM, avsha38 wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Great samples! Thanks a lot!
> I ran your code and saw the Dot Chart, looks like what I need.
>
> I would like to ask for your help with applying it to my file,
> coming from the Theoretical world making it tough for me to apply in
> the
> Code..

Then it's time to move away from the chalkboard and get practical at
the keyboard. Start with the R Data Import/Export Manual which is
mentioned and linked in the "Further Resources" section of the Posting
Guide.

Because of the irregular line length, your data needs the facilities
provided by the fill argument to read.table(). You will them probably
need to choose between learning the reshape function (not the easiest
task) or the melt/cast combination in the reshape2 package. There are
worked examples on the help pages and many more in the rhelp archives.

--
David.