[R] ggplot2 - bar colour

nzcoops mattcstats at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:16:12 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have trying to do what I thought was a reasonably simple graph but I think
I'm now going in circles with the colour. Attached is a picture of where I'm
up to.

The line creating this is:
qplot(ageincgraph$age, ageincgraph$rate, position="dodge", stat="identity",
geom="bar" ) + aes( colour=ageincgraph$era) +
scale_colour_manual(values=c("red","orange","yellow"))

Data is:

> ageincgraph
        era  rate  age
1 1995-1999 21.97   <6
2 1995-1999 11.21 6-12
3 1995-1999 16.64  >12
4 2000-2004 10.56   <6
5 2000-2004 10.71 6-12
6 2000-2004 17.49  >12
7 2005-2009  6.48   <6
8 2005-2009  6.55 6-12
9 2005-2009  7.35  >12

Basically I'm after the ability to specify the fill colours and only seem to
be able to do the outside colour. Using 'scale_fill_brewer(pal="Set1/2")'
worked to change the colours but that only has limited options. The about
qplot line is just where I got to after trying a fair few different
combinations.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n2546693/Screen_shot_2010-09-20_at_5.11.59_PM.png