[R] support for caron (hacek) symbol

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 21 01:15:40 CEST 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Jonathan Callahan wrote:

> Awesome!  Can you tell me what version of R you are using and what operating system?  R does use system fonts, doesn't it?  Perhaps I
> just don't have the correct fonts installed -- I'm on CentOS.

Yes, R uses the system fonts.  I'm using Mac OS and R 2.11.1. R is using a UTF-8 locale.

You probably need Cairo and Pango, and you may well need to install some more fonts.  There is some documentation in the R Installation and Administration manual.

     -thomas

Thomas Lumley
Professor of Biostatistics
University of Washington, Seattle