[R] puzzle with integrate over infinite range

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:29:04 CEST 2010

I see, thank you.

I'm still worried by the very dramatic error I obtained just from
shifting so slightly the support of the integrand, it took me a while
to figure what happened even with this basic example (I knew the
integral couldn't be so small!).

For a general integration in [0, infty), there must be a link between
the number of quadrature points, the transformation applied to the
integrand, and the region (position, width) where the measurable
integrand needs to be in order to be sampled by the quadrature. I
guess this kind of info lies deep inside the source code though.

Thanks,

baptiste

--

Dr. Baptiste Auguié

Departamento de Química Física,
Universidade de Vigo,
Campus Universitario, 36310, Vigo, Spain

tel: +34 9868 18617
http://webs.uvigo.es/coloides