[R] Ordinal mixed model

Patrick Walsh crazyscotsman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 18:28:55 CEST 2010

Hello,
I am trying to build a generalised linear mixed model.  My dependent variable is
ordinal.  I have a random factor (7 individuals), and a repeated measure where
the dependent variable was measured three times for each of four attempts (so
the repeats are nested).  I also have a few covariates.  I am a complete novice
in R, being used to using SPSS.  SPSS lets me build an ordinal model with
repeated measures, but can't include a random factor.  So that is really the
hurdle, is this possible in R.  And is there a way to do this that could be
explained to someone who has no experience in R?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
ptwal