[R] legend

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 20:58:57 CEST 2010

On Sep 22, 2010, at 1:39 PM, threshold wrote:

> Hi,
> there is a function to plot survival curves:
>
> library(survival)
> plot.KM <- function(survival, x, x_cut.off, main='', label='')
> {
> plot(survfit(survival ~ I(x >= x_cut.off)), main=main)
> legend('bottomleft', c(expression(label >=
> x_cut.off),expression(label <
> x_cut.off)))
> }

This is untested because "survival" is not an object for the rest of
us to survfit:

plot.KM <- function(survival, x, x_cut.off, main='', label='')
{
#really kind of worried about whether this part will work, but perhaps
you already have this running?
plot(survfit(survival ~ I(x >= x_cut.off)), main=main)
#####
## perhaps something like this ... untested d/t no data example
legend('bottomleft',
        labels= bquote( .(label)>=.(x_cut.off),
                        .(label)<.(x_cut.off) ) )
}

(And if you have made such a Surv object, perhaps naming it something
other than the package name would be less confusing to us ordinary
mortals.)

-- David.