[R] accumulation curves

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:36:23 CEST 2010

OK, assuming a trend in estimated spp richness vs log(effort) you
could do this...

plot(effort, richness)
rich.lm <- lm( richness ~ log(effort) )
smooth.effort <- seq(1, 10, 0.1)  # or whatever is appropriate
lines( smooth.effort, predict(rich.lm,
newdata=list(effort=smooth.effort)), col="red" )

Is that the sort of thing that you're after ?

Michael