[R] eps file

Rainer Stuetz rainer.stuetz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 11:31:30 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:05 AM, KAYIS Seyit Ali <s_a_kayis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need to create eps file which is the required figure format
> of the journal that I want to submit a paper. I am able to
> create files in pdf or wmf format but not in eps format. Is
> there a way to convert pdf or wmf to eps? or alternatively, how
> can I create an eps file in R?

see ?postscript

     The postscript produced by R is EPS (_Encapsulated PostScript_)
     compatible, and can be included into other documents, e.g., into
     LaTeX, using '\includegraphics{<filename>}'.  For use in this way you
     will probably want to use setEPS() to set the defaults as
     horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE, paper = "special".

dev.copy2eps: for copying from screen to EPS.

Xpdf (http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/) includes a pdftops utility for
converting PDF files to (Encapsulated) PostScript.

HTH,
Rainer