[R] Determine area between two density plots

Ralf B ralf.bierig at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:27:34 CEST 2010

I wonder what the best way is to access those values. I am using the
following code:

x1 <- c(1,2,1,3,5,6,6,7,7,8)
x2 <- c(1,2,1,3,5,6,5,3,8,7)
d1 <- density(x1, na.rm = TRUE)
d2 <- density(x2, na.rm = TRUE)
plot(d1, lwd=3, main="bla")
lines(d2, lty=2, lwd=3)
d1[1]
d1[2]

The last two lines allow me to access 1000 values, but I don't know if
this is the right approach. I also don't know why they are in two
columns. Does density have a saver way to get to those values?

Ralf

Ralf