[R] Some questions about string processing

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 24 19:16:56 CEST 2010

Michael -
    You're doing too much work half the time, and not enough
the other half :-).  Try this (untested):

auto_io = function(data_name,factors){
    resp_data =  read.table(data_name, header = TRUE )
    temp_model = lm(formula(paste('y',factors,sep='~')) data = resp_data )
                . . .

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics