[R] Newbie Correspondence Analysis Question

Vik Rubenfeld vikr at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 26 18:41:42 CEST 2010

I'm experienced in statistics, but I am a first-time R user.  I would like to use R for correspondence analysis.  I have installed R (Mac OSX). I have used the package installer to install the CA package.  I have run the following line with no errors to read in the data for a table:

	NonLuxury <- read.table("/Users/myUserName/Desktop/nonLuxury.data.txt")

The R online help appears to suggest that the following line should come next:

	> corresp(NonLuxury)

However, I get the error message:

	Error: could not find function "corresp"

The CA manual appears to suggest that the following line should come next:

	> ca(NonLuxury)

Again, I get the error message:

	Error: could not find function "ca"

What am I missing? Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.

-Vik