[R] store matrix in an arrary

Edwin Groot edwin.groot at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Sep 27 12:27:56 CEST 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:12:26 +0100
 wesley mathew <wesleycmathew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I want to store matrix in an array
> Suppose  s<-array(0,4)
> for(i in 1:4)
> s[i] <- read_matrix(a,2,2)
> But the error - number of items to replace is not a multiple of
> replacement
> length.
> Can you suggest me any alternative method for storing a matrix in an
> array.
> Thanks In advance.
> Kind Regards
> Wesley C Mathew

Wesley,
I don't know what your read_matrix() function is doing.
What you made is a 1-dimensional array of 4 elements. If your
read_matrix() function returns more than one element per call, that is
the source of your error message. It means you tried to store something
in s[] that goes beyond its dimensions.

Edwin