[R] 95% confidence intercal with glm

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:27:40 CEST 2010

On 10-09-29 10:04 AM, Sam wrote:
> Hi Ben and list,
>
> Sorry to be a pain! I have followed your code, and modified it -

  **You should not use type="response" here.**
  The point is that the (symmetric) confidence intervals are computed on
the link/linear predictor
scale, and then inverse-link-transformed (in this case, along with the
fitted values) -- they then
become asymmetric.

>> pp <- predict(model1,se.fit=TRUE, type = "response")
>>> etaframe <-
>> + with(pp,cbind(fit,lower=fit-1.96*se.fit,upper=fit+1.96*se.fit))
>>> pframe <- plogis(etaframe)
>>> pframe
>
> My response variable is 0 or 1, the probabilities are all high above my
cut-off point of 0.445, i think this may have something to do with

>> you may need to multiply by the binomial N as
>> appropriate.
>
> However how do i multiply if my response is 0 or 1?

  if 'size=1' (i.e. Bernoulli trials) then you would be multiplying by
1, so don't bother.