[R] Opening a .R file with R (Windows)

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Sep 30 12:45:37 CEST 2010

Hi

One workaround in Windows

You shall have SendTo folder located somewhere in system (depending on
Windows version). Put a shortcut to R programme in that folder. Than you
can click with right mouse button on *.r file, select send to and choose
appropriate shortcut (in that case R) but you can use it for other
programs too.

Regards
Petr

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 28.09.2010 19:22:22:

> Hi Kye,
>
> I have never gotten .R files to work quite like other types (e.g.,
> double-clicking a .PDF) in Windows.  AFAIK there is no simple way to
> do it, because you do not edit scripts directly in R (I am happy to be
> corrected if someone knows better).  For general use, I would just
> open R first and then open the file, or if you just want to run the
> file, you can use R's batch mode from the Windows command prompt.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Josh
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Kye Gilder <kye.gilder at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I am new to using R.  I installed R on my computer (Windows) and
everything
> > things appears to be just fine.  However, I have a simple script
RTest.R