[R] Unix batch to different nodes

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 15:31:03 CEST 2010

stephen sefick <ssefick <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This, I think, all depends on how the server is set up.
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Daisy Englert Duursma
> <daisy.duursma <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am struggling with computing nodes in Unix.
> >
> > I have the use of a Unix server that has 30 nodes and I would like to
> > batch scripts.

[snip]

  Do you mean a cluster with 30 nodes?  Or a single workstation with
30 CPUs/cores?
  I don't know the exact answer (I'm trying to figure it out for
myself on my local cluster), but see the High Performance Computing
task view: depending on what software you have or can get installed
on the cluster, some combination of the foreach, snow, Rmpi ... packages
will be helpful).