[R] can I add line breaks to the paste() function?

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Thu Sep 30 22:39:37 CEST 2010

Hello,

Although on the surface a simple request,
I think you need to be more specific.

?paste returns a character vector. The first question
is: do you want a character vector of length 1 or 2?

It sounds like you're trying to format text for display
on screen or on a graphics device.  Perhaps you're
hoping to use ?cat instead with the sep argument set to
"\n" ?